
Today I am starting with a lovely new snowman stamp by Crafty Stamps. Inspiration for this project was the nice clean and cold air on a winter's morning. To give it this more 'frosty' feel I opted for white, light blue and silver as the main colours with a lot of mirri card and a bit of glitter.
Here are the 'ingredients' for my 15cm x 15cm square card:
- Large snowman stamp XM129Q by Crafty Stamps
- Spectrum Noir pens
- Black Memento ink pad
- White linen cardstock by Southfield
- White glass-smooth cardstock (200gsm) by Southfield
- Textured light blue cardstock
- Silver mirri card
- Adhesive pearls
- Stickles glitter glue
- Circle and scalloped circle cutting dies
- Cheery Lynn holly corner die
- Snowflake embossing folder
- Die-cutting-machine
- Adhesive
- Toolbox essentials
23 comments:
Hi Heike
What a beautiful card. I love the embossing. The use of mirri card, your lovely die cuts and the snowman is very cute and beautifully coloured in too.
Michaela xx
Love this card, I keep seeing christmas card and I can't get any inspiration to start on mine.
Great first christmas card of the year, it has a real frosty feel, look forward to seeing many more.
gorgoeus card x
Beautiful Christmas card. Love the corner dies. Phyllis x
such a gorgeous Christmas card and well done on making a start on them I still haven't xx
A lovely card, love the silver embelishments and the snowman is coloured beautifully xx
Beautiful card,cute image! Trying not to think about "that time of year" just yet.
Anne x
Beautiful card, Mary x
This is fabulous. I love the snowman and the colours and layout are brilliant
Sue
LOved this card as I sit here in a T shirt! Loved blog hopping though my legs are tired lol! Faab blog.x
Super card and lovely embellishments. Happy Hopping!
Gorgeous - you.ve captured that frosty feel perfectly
Linda xx
very elegant christmas card love how you have coloured the snowman in Hugs Tracy x
Lovely card Heike! I am still resisting Christmas until after my holiday! Still thinking of sunshine! Thanks for visiting my blog! Lea xx
Beautiful card love the embossing and the cute snowman
carol x
'craftyeyes said...
very elegant christmas card love how you have coloured the snowman in Hugs Tracy x'
Hi Tracy!
As snow is white anyway, I just used blue grey Spectrum Noir pens (BGR1, BGR2 and BGR3) to place shadows and to give a rounded impression. I used dark ice greys and a bit of black for the hat. For the carrots I opted for the oranges OR1 and OR2. True blue pens then created the scarf.
I love it, fab image :-) Elaine xxx
This is a lovely card, such a cute snowman x
I love this - fab colours and image.
This is gorgeous Heike, love the detail and image.
Hugs Julie x
heike what a super little christmas card ... love that cheeky little snowman ... and just wanted to say thank you so much for visiting my blog over the weekend and leaving a lovely comment on my grandsons birthday cards ... hope you have a good week ...happy crafting and love sandy xx
A gorgeous card Heike, now thats a proper snowman, love him.
Donna x
Post a Comment